Sunday, January 15, 2012

All about cheap cheap cheap

So, due to my broke as a joke college student (self-fulfilling prophecy? yes) and my love for interior design, I've had to get a bit creative in the decor department. Enter: pinterest. Oh pinterest, how I love thee. I found this super cute idea for a piece of art while browsing one day and immediately knew the perfect place for it in my living room. I should also mention that I have an extremely creative and artistic best friend, so that kind of helps too. Anyway, it was extremely affordable and I get tons of compliments on it! Don't worry, you can try one too and I won't even be mad atcha ;) 

DIY Canvas Abstract Art
Materials: 
Canvas, of any size really, mine are 22"X28" and there are two of them. 
Frog tape
Spray paint, color of your choice

1. Take the canvases and place frog tape any which way you want to create a design. It can be a specific shape or just random
2. Then spray paint the canvases with spray paint color of your choice
3. Let dry and do a second coat if you feel necessary
4. After completely dry and completely coated till you see fit, peel off tape and admire your masterpiece
5. Let the compliments roll in!

There you have it! Great looking art for super cheap. Gotta love that!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment