Monday, January 16, 2012

Love Chain

Hey hey! I'm back again with another crafty craft-- all this spare time before school starts tomorrow has left me with ample time to create some little goodies! I'm eating up every spare moment before its back to the grind, bleh. 

Anyway, today I'm here with a super easy valentines day craft that will add a little love to any space! Much to my boyfriends dismay, I LOVE Valentines Day. I'm so excited about it, mainly because I get to be gushy and sappy with an excuse, and I dig those little heart candies, oo yum. 

Back to the craft. Another Pinterest find, shocking I know. But it's so great! I call it a love chain. Here ya go:

Love Chain:
Supplies:
Paint samples of any color-- the little cardboard things from Home Depot, I used only valentines colors but feel free to be creative and use any color scheme!

A heart shaped cut-out, mine is  1 1/4 inches

Yarn or string
Hot glue 


1. Cut out hearts from paint samples


2. Arrange hearts in any order you wish; you can make a pattern or just at random. 

3. Take yarn or string of your choice and measure it as long as you want the chain to be; I just laid mine against the line of hearts I already had and left about an inch on each side for good measure

4. Place a small amount of hot glue on the back of the paint sample heart and glue to the piece of yarn or string you have chosen

5. Continue step 4 until you have glued all hearts on to the string

6. Hang wherever your little heart desires! Mine is on a window we have above our mantel :)

Yay so happy! I smile every time I look at it :) 
xoxo

1 comment: